Friday, October 1, 2010

Peanut Butter Brownies

I know a few of you asked, so here we are with the weekend approaching & I figured I better get this up! Here is the recipe I used to make yummy peanut butter brownies. I doubled this recipe & used a 9X13 pan, they were ready in 35 minutes. To give them an extra chewy, real brownie like texture, I let them sit overnight covered with a kitchen towel, they were to die for-perfect come morning!

Yikes! I forgot this part. If you use organic peanut butter, make sure to do a taste test. Most organic/all natural peanut butter's are very bland, you may need to add some extra white sugar to the recipe to even the taste out & still have that sweet appeal.

Peanut Butter Brownies

3/4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky peanut butter)
1/3 cup softened margarine
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
my tip [the key is to use as many organic ingredients as you can. This time I had on hand, organic flour, organic peanut butter, and organic eggs. See how many organic ingredients you can use!]
Preheat oven to 350 [ 325 if you double the recipe]
Mix your peanut butter & softened margarine together, using a fork [if you use a mixer this will come out with more of a cake like texture] 
Add in your sugars [white & brown], egg, and vanilla extract. Mix ingredients together with a fork until all lumps are gone & eggs are well mixed in.

Add your dry ingredients into bowl. [flour, baking powder, and salt]
Mix together using a spoon or fork ( I used a small spatula)

Take & grease your pan with butter. 9X9 or 9X13 for a double batch. Drop in batter & smooth out. Let bake at 350 [ or 325 for a double batch ] for 30 - 35 minutes. Be sure not to overcook, so check with a fork or toothpick at 30 minutes. You can add semi-sweet chocolate morsels in for an extra zing!
Let cool, or sit overnight like I did. Then top with yummy homemade chocolate frosting & enjoy!
Chocolate Frosting
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)

[I had organic milk on hand, so I in-cooperated it into this recipe]

In a large bowl, beat margarine and cocoa together until combined. 
Add milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. [I just used a fork]
Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until desired consistency is achieved.[ I used a whisk for this part ]
Adjust with more milk or confectioners' sugar if necessary.
ENJOY!











My kids...peaking in on the brownies to see if they're ready.

5 comments:

  1. These sound AMAZING! You can bet I am going to be sending a batch of these bad boys to Afghanistan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell yes! aw man, I remember those days! Jimmy always said there's nothing like baked goods from the wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Matt (and his guys) really appreciate them! I just sent off homemade halloween brownies so hopefully I'll get good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO these sound so yummy. My hubs would die for them... I might just have to make them for him this weekend. Thanks lady

    ReplyDelete
  5. woops, i think i wrote you an email instead of posting it under the comments. Anyway, these brownies seem soooo yummy! I am going to go make them right now, I guess my diet will just have to wate!!!! yum yum!

    ReplyDelete