Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Heaven knows

I continue to say that I pray God continues to give me a voice to change, ears to listen, and a heart to accept. Well, recently, I've been tested, and in more than one circumstance. My listening ears and accepting heart have not wanted to work together lately, and I've had to step back and really look at myself. I've had to humble myself when my pride wanted otherwise.

I don't believe we ever stop growing. Life is a learning process, and it's up to us where we take ourselves, and, how we get there. My heart has been brought to it's limit, and I'm learning to push it's boundaries, and take in more then I may think I can handle. My ears, sometimes, choose what to hear. Yes, I admit. So here I go, burying myself in humility and moving on, 'taking away with it lessons I can learn from'. I am not successful every time, no, far from it in fact, but I'm trying. That's all I can promise myself.

Respect is earned. Love is respect, and only through such a thing can we truly see a person.  & so, I have to ask myself this also. How can I respect myself, unless I venture down these roads? I can't, and so I will keep on walking, continuing to pray for God to fill me with the strength to do so. Heaven knows, I need it.


"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity."--Benjamin Franklin


Comments y'all. I love to know who's reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment