1.
a person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2.
a person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3.
a person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
I would rather die then let my children be immunized. I do not immunize because of my belief system, my religion. I do endure much criticism for this belief, I am looked down upon, and feared, I am outcast. I believe that one day, I may be imprisoned or even set to death for standing true to this. I believe there will come a time when those who choose not to vaccinate are cut off from the rest of the world. When a great power will scare the population into vaccinating, with threats such as death.
You've heard my story, you know my beliefs. The bible says we MUST obey God rather then men. So, no matter how much you fear me, I will continue to stand strong in what I believe to know is right for my babies. I will continue to fight you and your fear of the unknown. I will continue to learn, to thrive in pure knowledge, and arm myself with it as much as I possibly can. I will not allow myself, my husband, or my children to be compromised because of a majority who'd rather I did. I will go against the grain, I will disobey to obey. I will make a ruckus. I am a force to be reckoned with. I am a mother. Do not underestimate my power, and will to survive. I cannot be 'shushed' away.
I will continue to demand answers, to speak out, to inform, to ask the hard questions, to point out the facts. Ive said it so many times before, people fear what they do not know.
I urge you to research. I urge you to investigate. I beg you to do your homework.
Vaccinate your child, I support your decision. As long as you've done the work, gained the knowledge. I look down upon NO vaccinating parent. I do not think you are beneath me, I believe you know what is right for your child, and you're making that decision by vaccinating them. Why can you not give me the same respect? Believe in my passion and what I stand for. Remember that I'm not asking you to change, and I never will. I will never pressure you or bully you, scare you into a way of thinking. I am not looking for numbers, for people in my corner. I'm looking for awareness. I am doing what God has set a fire in me for. To use my voice, my knowledge, as a tool to reach those who were once in my shoes. To reach those who don't know, but would like to. Those who may not have a chance to acquire any knowledge on their own.
I have many friends, family members, etc, who, despite knowing and seeing what I have gone through, continue to vaccinate. I love them no less. I support them, no less. I will never look down on you for vaccinating your child, and I never have. Please, remember that. I never have, and never will acquire the sense that I am better then anyone for choosing this action. Its taken a long, scary road for me to get here. A road, I pray, no one I love (or anyone for that matter) will have to walk down. Though I know that cannot be, as people are still suffering adverse affects everyday, I wish it. I wish, I hope, I pray that no one will ever suffer from a vaccine. That no one will ever have to watch their child suffer. That no mother will ever again have to bury their child do to a vaccine reaction.
There is talk that we who choose not to vaccinate, may one day be placed in a modern day concentration camp. Conspiracy theory? Perhaps. Just know, that even with that fear in the back of my head, I still choose not to vaccinate my children. I am jumping on no bandwagon, this is not about rebellion. Quite simply, I am protecting my children, being their advocate, as I (and Jimmy) are their only ones. We are their only voice.
Every once in a while we hit a wall. A blockade made up of those who fear us. Those who discredit us. Those who call us crazy, and would even say that we are not only endangering our children, but our communities. Though they cannot tell me how I would be endangering them, they continue along with this rambling. I don't understand it, but, I accept it. All the adversity, all the hate, I accept it. & whatever else a people can bring, a government can bring, I accept it. I will take it all on, for the safety of my children.
I will not be silenced, no. I will not be meant to go away, I will not.
You are an inspiration Tearah. I truly look up to you and how you stand up for what you believe in! Because of you, I did do the research and while I chose to vaccinate Shane, I did so selectively and delayed to protect him. Like you said, its the best decision for "us" and no one else.
ReplyDeleteI completely respect your decisions to not vaccine your children and admire you for your courage and strength to go against the grain on this one.
Girl, u know what's right for your kids. And I'm glad u stand up for what u believe, that's what I like about u the most. You inspire me to educate myself in things I never thought I had to worry about. I love ya girl. I am proud to call you my best friend!!
ReplyDeleteYou stay true to your beliefs girl!! And I'm sorry u have to encounter such people, that make u feel like your in the wrong! Know this girl, ill be there to stand by you, through think n thin! I got your back girl!!!...lol
Love ya girl. Send my love to those beautiful babies of yours, we miss u all!!