Wednesday, October 20, 2010

For my man

I'm sorry I have not blogged in a few days. We've had some health issues in the Parker household & Dr. mom has been busy at work keeping my family healthy and getting my husband back on his feet!

Ive taken time to address a lot of things with my blog, but have yet to speak of the one who keeps me going! So here it is, a note to the man responsible for keeping this woman grounded. My husband, the man I am obsessively in love with. --

I love you. I know I say that a lot, but I'll say it again. I love everything about you, even the things I will constantly complain about for the rest of your life. I am so in love with who you are as a father and the way our kids are infatuated with you. The way they run and jump to you at the moment of seeing your face, or the way they want to crawl and climb on you like a jungle gym, any chance they get. I love how Lukas gets a huge smile on his face, every time he sees you. & I love how Lexi says "DADDY! YOU HOME!", when you walk through the door, I love how she asks about you when you're not here, and how she scurries around the house looking for you when you are.

I still remember the look on your face when you saw Lexi for the first time. Complete awe and amazement. I still remember how excited you were after coming home from Afghanistan and seeing her again, grown. You wanted to drop it all and just revel in everything that was her. I creeped downstairs the morning after you had come home, to find Lexi in her high chair and you, asking her what she eats for breakfast. I stood watching her smile at you, almost proud when you busted out the cheerios. I'll never forget that moment. Your unwavering love and passion for our children only deepens the strength of my love for you.

I love how you breathe, so heavily. Mostly when I'm not sleeping five inches from you, but to hear it is so comforting. To always know that you're there. I love the way my hand fits in yours, to still feel so small against you and snuggled inside your arms. How you still call me 'beautiful', and I still know you mean it, and how it still makes me putty in your hands, just the way it did eight years ago. I love that we have hopes and dreams and we share them together, and even more, that I know we'll reach them together.

Remember talking about getting married? I still have that promise ring you gave me our junior year, sitting by our engagement picture, reminding me how simple things used to be. I think back to the times when we would sit in your room and talk about babies, think up funny names, and imagine what life would be like when we were grown. We had so many dreams to reach together, and though it's taken a long road, we've already accomplished so much. I wouldn't have ever chose to walk down this path with anyone else.

I sent you off to war, birthed our first child, and waited for your return. You left me and everyone you loved to go protect our country, saw battle, lost friends, and returned a better man. We moved away from family, started out all alone, with no idea what we were doing. Then suddenly, we became parents, bill-paying, diaper changing, laundry folding, dish washing, dinner cooking, responsible adults. I'm so grateful and blessed that I can look back on that part of my life, where I grew and changed dramatically, and remember it was you that was there by my side. Holding my hand, growing and changing with me.

You're the only one to ever make my heart skip a beat. We weren't coincidence, we didn't happen 'just because', and we certainly didn't come to be out of convenience. I know that out of every person on this earth, God chose you for me, and me for you. We're only lucky to have not spent much of our lives searching for one another, it's not many who can say they met their husband at 16. I guess God knew how much we'd need each other in the times to come. You've become my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my ear to listen, the one who can comfort with a simple touch.

When I was in the hospital, pregnant with Lukas, in so much pain, and terrified out of my mind, you never left. You sat at my bedside, exhausted, and held my hand. You hand fed me lettuce leafs, when I could barely sit up or keep anything down, because you knew I was starving. You held my hair and reassured me a million times how the site of my yacking does not affect you at all, and that I'm still gorgeous, puke and all. You stood by my side when I needed you most, you didn't complain. You put yourself aside for me, and never asked questions.

 We have struggles, and it's hard more times then it ever is easy. Mom always said, nothing worth it is ever easy, and Ive seen that ring true more then once in life. I've seen us face things together that no one should have to. We've grown closer, stronger, better. We have been through so much together in the last eight years, and it's brought us to where we are today. You and I, together, are a force to be reckoned with, and I pride myself in knowing that. I love you more and more with each day that passes, which each fight we have, and with each night I spend telling you to roll over. You're my soul mate, the one God chose for me, and the only one I choose.Forever, babe.

Song of Solomon 2:16 My lover is mine, and I am his

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

Genesis 2 :24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh

5 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! Very well written. Makes me want to cry in the best way possible! Absolutely amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tearah this is beautifully well written. Jimmy is one lucky guy.

    I'm glad I'm not the only wife completely head over heals infatuated with her husband. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love is a beautiful thing and just like you I was lucky to find my soulmate at 16. 6 years later and I still love him with all of my heart. Love is not easy, it takes work, there are challenges, hard times and good times. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very heartfelt :-) love it, good to see such a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so heartfelt and beautiful, he is one lucky guy :)

    ReplyDelete