Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oh boy!

 So by now you've all heard the news; we're having another boy! Yes, it's true. Just as with Lukas, I knew within seconds of the screen turning on. Little man still does not have a definite name, but we are finally down to a few contenders. I'll admit; I was almost 100% sure that I was having a girl. Guess little man already has a sense of humor! He was all over the place during our ultrasound; it was one of the best ultrasounds Ive ever had. We got to see him doing all sorts of things, & at only 5 inches long; I must say, he's adorable!

I don't think I have ever taken such good care of myself, as I am doing with this pregnancy. I apologize to my other two children! I wish I could have been this diligent with the both of you, mommy was just not up to par on all her knowledge yet! I am happy to say that I feel ridiculously healthy. I am eating well, sleeping well, exercising, and, for the most part, still keeping up with both of my rowdy minions. I lost a lot of weight in the beginning when I was so sick (which, praise the Lord, has passed) and I have yet to gain any more. I was truly concerned, since I'm already in my second trimester, but my midwife totally put my mind at ease. Baby is looking good, on schedule, and I'm giving him all the nutrients he needs, so she isn't worried at all.

I have always struggled with restless leg syndrome. It first hit me while I was pregnant with Lexi, and stayed after delivery. I had it the worst in my last leg of pregnancy with Lukas, and tried everything to combat it. It is the most awful thing to be plagued with. Honestly, I would rather be puking, or having teeth pulled, then deal with RLS! A few months after bringing Lukas into the world, it stopped. & I have been SO grateful not to have to put up with it anymore.

About 3 weeks ago, it came back! I was plagued for two nights straight. It usually doesnt hit me until late in my pregnancy, so I freaked out.

Well, I am happy to report that I have found a solution! I have been craving pomegranate juice like nobody's business. & Jimmy noticed (thank goodness, because I never would have) that when I have the pomegranate juice during the day, I don't have RLS. So my curious self went to researching! The 16 oz POM drinks Ive been guzzling have (duh-duh-duh!!) 600 mg of potassium! Sure enough, potassium seems to be a leading aid in combating RLS. I found that most people will down 2 or 3 bananas a few hours before bed. INCREDIBLE! So, I am cured...for now :) WOO HOO!













At my last appointment, my midwife asked me if I had thought about where I wanted to labor. I realized, I hadn't even thought about it. I am such a control freak, I surprised myself! So after the appointment and we got in the car, I asked Jimmy what he thought about where we would set up the birthing pool. He laid out this detailed plan he had envisioned in his head. I couldn't believe it! How could he have thought about this and not me! Although, I'm glad we talked, because his grand idea was definitely not what I had in mind, lol.

Thinking about that 'kind of stuff', really makes this whole pregnancy SO real. Duh--like feeling a kid kick your insides isn't real enough, but still. I feel sometimes like I just found out we were pregnant, and I'm still in absolute disbelief sometimes. I have so many emotions about my labor, the birth, adding another to the family; just everything that comes along with bringing another life into the world. Sometimes I feel like the days drag on, but then again; sometimes it feels like this pregnancy is just jetting by, and baby boy will be here before we know it.

Jimmy's birthday is next month, as is Father's day, and in July my littlest turns 2 years old. Ah, see! Time does go by so quickly! We have a jam-packed summer, and I look forward to enjoying it to the fullest with many family and friends.

We are very blessed, and we (try) to never forget that.

More exciting things are in the works for the Parker family! Yes, it is ALWAYS an adventure around here. God has opened up some opportunities that we are exploring, and I cannot wait to see what his plan is for us!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on boy number two mommy!!! When is your due date?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooovvvve reading your blogs!!...lol I'm so glad that everything is going great for the Parker family!! Can't wait to hear the name chosen for Baby Parker#3! Also you have time to choose a place to birth, and I know once u do it will be great!!take care and love ya beezy!

    P.S.
    Don't forget to blog!!

    ReplyDelete