Yikes is right. That's what I feel like I've been saying to myself for the last month or so.
Things have been chaotic around the Parker household, and it is definitely starting to take a toll on me and my ever dwindling sanity. It seems like just when I think I have things under control, something else major pops up that I have to deal with. Yikes. Please pass the Valerian, would ya?
(Almost) 6 weeks ago, we took our turn suffering from the crap system that is the Army. We were shorted a couple hundred dollars on our paycheck--not fun. Of course I threatened Jimmy's life if he didn't go down to financing the next day and get it straightened out; which he did. Of course, it's always the good 'ole "hurry up and wait"--yeah, it will be fixed by your next paycheck. Fun fun, only our next paycheck came and....
Not only were we not reimbursed, we were shorted AGAIN. & once again we were promised it would be fixed by the first-- well, the first came and went-- no back pay; and we were shorted AGAIN. So...now the Army owes us about a grand...and we don't know WHEN we're going to see it. We are just short of filing an IG complaint. They keep telling us to wait; but it's becoming rather frustrating!
I am trying to get this house in order so that it can be shown to potential buyers; sounds easy enough--but man is it a way bigger chore then I imagined. Organizing every drawer, cleaning every nook & cranny, steam cleaning carpets, painting, and doing all the little things that you just don't think about. Getting it done is a chore in itself, I don't know HOW I am going to keep it this way for every buyer that comes along. Being almost 7 months pregnant and having 2 toddlers in the house constantly is not exactly the prime situation for keeping a large home spic & span.
As far as I'm concerned; the house will not be showing once baby get's here. I know with Jimmy working and having a newborn +2; it's just not going to happen.
Lexi starts school on the 24th, and her orientation is on the 17th---excuse me...where the HELL did summer vacation go? Seriously, that just felt like a long weekend or something. I'm not ready! Of course she is; & I'm thrilled for her...but getting up before the sun to have her fed, ready, and in the car for the hour long drive into town takes it's TOLL! I had hoped to get her in to the kindergarten that is literally walking distance from the house; unfortunately, she missed the cut-off date and we couldn't get her in--total bummer! YIKES!
Jimmy's tough mudder is next month and I have yet to book a hotel for us; with the tons of people who will be competing + their families--I know hotel rooms are going to be HARD to find. Super procrastinator over here. YIKES!
My baby shower. Now this, this I am extremely excited for. I cannot wait to see all my friends and celebrate bringing another one of God's amazing blessings into this world. I know it's going to be spectacular and I am really anxious for it to get here. Not to mention; I am sharing in this amazing journey of life with so many of my friends--& I think it will be extra special having them all there.
Speaking of baby--the belly's ah growin'! I have acquired a hearty appetite in the last week or so that is showing no sign of ceasing! This boy is so strong already, I can feel him moving inside me with more power then I did with either of my other two. Even though the third trimester is still a couple of weeks away, I can feel him moving my ribs with great force already (yay for me!) While I'm grateful he's growing strong, I hope he isn't getting too excited and piling on the pounds already!
We will have one last ultrasound in a few weeks. Jimmy & I are both extremely excited to see how much he's grown since the last time we saw him at 14weeks. The ultrasound tech suggested that since I'm smaller, it's better to come in between 26-30 weeks to get good pictures; before he get's too squished in there. I'm thinking around 28 weeks we'll go in and get a good 3D4D session :)
Really, I am so ready for him to be here. I was a little nervous/anxious/apprehensive with both Lexi and Lukas; but not with this one. I am so ready to have a newborn again, to nurse again, dare I say--be up every 2 hours again. I am excited for D-Day; I surprisingly have no fear of labor whatsoever right now. Im ready to conquer it and get him here. I cant wait to see what he looks like; how much hair he'll have, who's nose he'll get, what color his eyes will be...
Even more then that, I am so excited to introduce him to his family. He has no idea what he's getting himself into ;) Lexi asks me all the time; "Mommy. Is the baby coming out of your tummy yet?", 10 months has got to be a LONG wait for a 4 year old, but she's being so patient. She is going to be such a big helper, and I cant wait to let her experience the joy of a new sibling all over again. He is already SO loved and so anticipated. Take your time cookin' little man, but we cannot wait for you to get here!
You are so precious! And yes little boy... cook, cook, cook! I'm so happy for you guys! See you at your shower :) I've been in heaven shopping for it. Wayne thinks its silly that I started last month -- but I want one of my favorite families to get BLESSED BIG TIME and that's easier to do over time rather than in one lump sum!! I seriously can't wait!!!! YAY!
ReplyDelete