Friday, January 21, 2011

2011

It's been a bit since I updated. I think last time I talked about my weight loss goal; I am happy to say that I am WELL on my way! I have already lost 6 lbs, and although I don't see a HUGE change in my appearance, I already feel better about my body. I've been sticking to working out twice a day for 30 minutes at a time, and I'm very happy with my progress. I can see the muscles in my legs taking definition again, and I'm excited for the end result.

So many exciting things are about to happen, I just cant wait to get this new year started! Jimmy has been gone since the 2nd, so I really feel like it just won't start until he's back here with us. We have A LOT going on in the next couple of months, and a few surprises up our sleeve. Lots of changes & growth in the Parker family this year, we're going to let God direct us as a unit and show us where HE wants us to go. It's all very comforting knowing that He is in control.

So many battles we faced this last year, but we have been made stronger. & for that we have to remember that with every obstacle we face, God has a plan. The wise will listen!

One of my best friends (& the kids Godmother) came to visit last weekend. MUCH needed adult time for me. I think I probably talked her ear off, but I know she still loves me! We had pizza & adult beverages ;) & lots and lots of time to do nothing. It was fabulous, and I so appreciated her company. Good friends are hard to come by!

I am getting ready to travel home for this last leg of Jimmy's training. Visit my family and see some friends, I even have a wedding to attend. How exciting is that?! I'll be spending my (24th, yikes!) birthday there, and I'm so glad I can be surrounded by those who really love me. I plan on begging my mom to make me a carrot cake & cook some scalloped potatoes & ham for dinner. I can still get her to spoil me, even if I am all grown up. ;)

Lukas said a new word this past week! We've been working with him for months to wave, and this week he waved & said 'bye'...so perfectly. I'm never more proud then when I see my kids take off like that. He is so incredible right now, soaking up so much, and I am so enjoying watching him transform into a little person.

I know that God has big plans for this family, and I am anxious to see just where He takes us. We are down now to almost 12 mos before Jimmy is out of the Army. Resumes are starting to go out, and the house hunt will soon begin! Nervous, excited, anxious, and prepared. I am so ready yet apprehensive, so I pray that God prepares us for this change and equips us with all we need when we wave goodbye to Army life and say hello to living our lives as civilians.

No comments:

Post a Comment